Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is It 2008 Yet?

Seriously. I'm still all stressed out. At least I'm able to work from home this week. I think if I had to go in to work, I'd be depressed on top of everything else. Why am I so stressed, still? Well, Dad's still in the hospital after having his prostate removed, and they found cancer in it. They're fairly certain that it hasn't spread anywhere, but since Mom died from breast cancer...well, I just hate cancer. Actually, hate isn't a strong enough word for it. How about loathe, hate, detest, and despise cancer? Yeah, that works. And the poor man is having an unexplained fever, even though he's on a dual antibiotic. We had kind of hoped that removing the prostate would remove the source of infection he's had since 1986, but it doesn't look that way. He's all weepy and depressed. I've just never seen him like this, and he's had surgery before. It's so hard to see a parent in distress. And having it be almost Christmas isn't helping matters at all. I have to say that the last 5 years have absolutely sucked for my family. So I'm really, really hoping that 2008 is better. I've said that for 4 years now, and it hasn't happened. Maybe this time, it will. Gotta have hope, you know??

No comments: