Thursday, July 26, 2007

Love Hospital Dramas, Hate Hospitals

I think I watch too many hospital dramas...House, Grey's Anatomy, ER. You want to know why I think this? I actually know what a pulse oximeter is. It's that little thing they attach to one of your fingers after you've had surgery, been admitted to the ER, etc. to measure the amount of oxygen in your blood. As you would think, low blood oxygen is a bad thing to have. It's what I had after both of my shoulder surgeries that kept me from going home in a timely fashion...that, and low blood pressure. Guess I don't just "bounce back" after surgery like a lot of people do. Wonder what Dr. House would think of that? Probably nothing (or he'd make fun of me), but I hate feeling all nauseated and groggy for longer than everyone else.

No comments: