Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pain at the Pump

Back in the days before gas was at $3.29 a gallon for regular, and I didn't care too much about gas mileage (I drive a car that gets 30 mpg average anyway), I used to speed...a lot, and I actually had a radar detector. But now that I'm trying to improve my mileage to get the 33 mpg it's supposed to, I don't drive much over the 65 mph speed limits on the highway. You know what? I'm close...I get 31 mpg with no A/C on and the windows down on a nice day. I just can't bring myself to drive 55, which would probably get me the 33 mpg I'm looking for. So if you see me in the right lane, just know I'm trying to do what I can to conserve my fuel needs. And if you see me at the gas pump crying...it's probably because it's gone up to $4 a gallon, and I'm shelling out $50 for my tiny little car's tank every 6 days.

No comments: