Thursday, May 03, 2007

Reminiscing

I've been reminiscing lately about a trip my family took back in 1990 to the UK and to France. We ended up staying in a lot of bed & breakfast places in the UK, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We met the most interesting people and got good "inside" information on places to see and whatnot. Having tea setups in each room was wonderful too, as I had caught a horrible, awful, nasty cold...and for June, it was chilly (at least for someone from Ohio).

There were only two incidents, as I call them, that ruffled my feathers a bit. One was a place where I couldn't get both orange juice and cereal with milk for breakfast. I had to choose between the two. And the other was a place that ran out of water in the middle of my shower...while I had a head full of shampoo. That was interesting. But overall, I think if you're going to do a driving tour of another country, especially England, that bed & breakfasts are the way to go.

No comments: