Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wrapped Around Their Fingers

When I heard that the band The Police was going on tour again, I could hardly contain my excitement. I've always been a fan of The Police and Sting. In fact, I've been to every show Sting has done in my area...but I was too young to go see The Police in concert before they disbanded. So I feel like this is my opportunity to go see them before they really do get too old. The last time I saw Sting, it was an unplugged concert of sorts, so he did a TON of stuff from his days with The Police. Now, the only Police CD I have is Synchronicity. The rest of the songs I like, I have downloaded from iTunes. But now, there is a Police CD with just about every song I could possibly want from them (a 2 CD set, actually).

Here's a listing of what's on each one:

Disc: 1
1. Fallout
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Next to You
4. Roxanne
5. Truth Hits Everybody
6. Hole in My Life
7. So Lonely
8. Message in a Bottle
9. Reggatta de Blanc
10. Bring on the Night
11. Walking on the Moon
12. Don't Stand So Close to Me
13. Driven to Tears
14. Canary in a Coalmine

Disc: 2
1. Do Do Do de da da Da
2. Voices Inside My Head
3. Invisible Sun
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
5. Spirits in the Material World
6. Demolition Man
7. Every Breath You Take
8. Synchronicity I
9. Wrapped Around Your Finger
10. Walking in Your Footsteps
11. Synchronicity II
12. King of Pain
13. Murder by Numbers
14. Tea in the Sahara

I would absolutely love, love, love to have these CDs, especially before I go see them in concert (which I'm hoping to do in Louisville, the closest place they're visiting). I have some, but not all, of these songs on my iPod. If could get all, I'd be thrilled! It's rare when a day goes by at work, and I don't flip to either a Sting or Police song on my iPod. So I can't imagine anything much better than having all their best songs at my fingertips (and without iTunes DRM!).

No comments: