Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Dad the Card Shark

My dad loves to play bridge, so it's a good thing there's a bridge club at his condo complex. Every now and then, he hosts the weekly event, which of course requires folding tables galore since this bridge club is actually quite large. He's always worried if he'll have enough chairs to go with it, not to mention enough food (although that's rarely a problem, since he makes enough to feed 50, it seems). What I love about his playing bridge is...he's terrible at math, yet he has this sort of sixth sense about bridge. He just knows what to bid, and usually comes in first or second with his partner. I've never played him for that reason...no sense in causing a family feud over a card game, haha (we're both rather competitive, in case you were wondering). Think he's not playing this Friday, due to it being Good Friday...and my brother going in for yet another lithotripsy for yet another kidney stone. But I'm sure he'll be back at it next weekend.

No comments: