Thursday, September 27, 2007

Adult Acne Is the Pits

Okay, my skin has been nothing but a mess since I went off of birth control pills. My doctor wanted to put me on progesterone pills (that is, not combined with estrogen, like most birth control pills), but I determined that it's the progesterone in them that makes me feel like I'm going crazy. It was like having constant PMS, with feeling moody, depressed, and an overall sense of sadness. I'd be crying all the time, for no reason whatsoever. It was awful! But now I'm paying for it with horrible skin. My dad actually offered to pay for whatever treatments I might need, so I've started the blue light/red light treatments which have worked for me in the past. I've only had two treatments, so I can't tell if it's working yet or not. But I'm fairly certain between it and the other products I use, I'll have clear skin. At least, that's my fervent hope!

No comments: