Friday, September 21, 2007

What's the Deal with High School Musical???

In some ways, I'm glad I'm not the parent of a pre-teen or teenager, because then I'd have to watch High School Musical and its sequel...over and over again. I'd probably also have to buy High School Musical tickets, not to mention the myriad of other things High School Musical. I've tried to think about what would have been the equivalent for me as a pre-teen, and I really can't think of anything. The closest I can get is Fame, but I wasn't even a pre-teen then. Maybe something like MTV, when it first aired on television and actually showed *gasp* music videos? I mean, I know I had to have my MTV, and all my favorite artists had to have the coolest music videos (Duran Duran was my favorite, by far!). So, I guess I understand the crazy obsession with High School Musical just a little...but only a little.

No comments: