Friday, September 21, 2007

Home Theater, Sweet Home Theater

A friend of mine is spending thousands of dollars turning his basement into the ultimate home theater. I mean, he's getting a sound system that rivals actual theaters you have to leave your house to experience. Okay, not really...but he's getting home theater seating, home theater carpet, and of course the obligatory big screen TV, which would take up my entire living room, I think. I'm sure it will be a sight to see when it's finished, but I just don't get the need for this. Yeah, it costs anywhere from $50 to $100 to take a family to see a movie these days, but spending thousands on a home theater will take forever to break even, I think. I mean, I only go to see movies in the theater that I think will lose impact on a smaller screen, but I'm perfectly happy watching movies that don't lose anything on a smaller screen on my 32" flat screen. Now, I will be replacing it with an LCD HDTV, when all programming has to switch over anyway. But even that's nothing in comparison to what my friend has. Nothing is, haha. :)

No comments: