Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Donny and Marie - Back Again

So what...now Donny and Marie Osmond are famous again? I admit, I was in love with Donny when I was about 5 and they had their own variety show. That was in 1976. Now that Marie Osmond has appeared on Dancing with the Stars, it seems that she (along with Donny...because you can't have one without the other apparently) are making the rounds on talk shows. They recently appeared on Larry King Live, and got "blindsided" by him asking Marie if her son was in drug rehabilitation. Damn. I guess when you feel like you have to live up to the goody-two-shoes,"I'm a little bit country" persona you've built for yourself, any sort of information like this has to be kept hush-hush, because she said, "how did you know about that?" Um, he's a journalist (of sorts). They find out stuff, you know? And as it turns out, the tabloids were going to publish it, so I think Larry King kind of did her family a favor by getting it out in the open before the National Enquirer (or whatever rag was going to publish it) did. Anyway, I wish her son luck. Rehab, as we all know too well, often needs a few takes for it to work.

No comments: