Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Closed Captioning - A Source of Amusement

Have you ever watched a television on mute with closed captioning? I'm doing it right now, actually. Sometimes it's hilarious what appears. Of course, now that I say that, I can't think of any good examples. And other times, having a closed captioning service available is very useful to see what someone actually said, because sometimes I just can't get what people are saying (speak too fast, garble their words, whispering, etc.). I shouldn't pass judgment, because I'm sure you just have to type whatever you hear, and as we all know, some actors are better at annunciating than others. And these people who do the typing type faster than I ever will in a million years, so my hat goes off to them. But man oh man, sometimes...I just chuckle at what I see.

No comments: