Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time to Go Back to School?

With all of my recent, unwanted job changes (in other words, a reorg)...it's made me think about going back to school again, not for a degree, but to take some classes in marketing or PR writing, because I really need to get another skill set besides publishing project management. It'd be great if I lived in Chicago, Boston, New York, or maybe Los Angeles. But Cincinnati isn't exactly a publishing mecca. Yeah, my company is huge, and I could probably move around in it. It's just that I can't see myself here for the rest of my life. I think I might have to jump out one of the windows here if that were the case. So, I think I need to start looking at student loans, or else ask my dad for some support. It's just that he gave me about $6000 in financial assistance last year. Granted, it was mostly taxes for freelancing and a medical thing I had done, but still. Classes are expensive, and I don't feel like being beholden to this place for tuition reimbursement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd die without tuition remission.