Thursday, June 28, 2007

Isn't It Ironic

When I started back at this company, I had to work on accounting textbooks. I've never taken an accounting class in my life, and they throw one of the biggest money-makers they have. They said, "oh, you have enough production experience to pick it up." Ummm....if it hadn't been for the awesome project manager I hired, who knows accounting inside and out, I would have been in BIG trouble. I mean, I didn't know what leaders were, much less fixed asset accounting...or anything along those lines. And then, I got handed another accounting title...cost accounting. What the heck is that??? I still don't know. I'm just thankful that for the next copyright year, all is right with the world...and I only have economics, management, and business law titles. Granted, I've never had an economics, management, or business law class in my life either (have my liberal arts background to thank for that)...but at least those subjects make some sense to me! Ah, the irony of it all...

No comments: