Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Sobering Realization

You know, I hate my job...I am truly this company's b*tch, however, because I really need the benefits it provides, like term insurance, that only costs like $1.00 per month. Seriously. And I think I'll always need some sort of group health coverage because some insurance companies (I'm looking at you Aetna!) don't cover my RLS needs, which are minimal (one doctor's visit a year, and two medications per month). When I was freelancing and applying for my own coverage, Aetna flat out rejected me because of it. Can you believe that? You'd think I had cancer or something. But now because my company uses Aetna, they have to cover me. Ha! I still hate them, and am hoping our new owners will allow us to go back to Humana. It's an HMO, but it rocks...well, for a health insurance company anyway. So anyway...unless I marry someone and get covered by his health insurance...I'll always have to work for the man. *sigh*

No comments: