Friday, September 22, 2006

Fall Television

Okay, I admit it...I'm a TV addict when it comes to particular shows, such as The Office, My Name Is Earl, Grey's Anatomy, and House. Those are my first tier shows (yes, I actually have tiers) that are scheduled to record on my Tivo every week, and I will not miss them (House is my new favorite, btw). My second tier is Desperate Housewives, Lost, Scrubs, Battlestar Galactica, and Bones. Although I'm pretty sure BG will move up to first tier, if this upcoming season is as good as the last one. So yes, I am TV's bitch! And I will be frequenting TelevisionWithoutPity.com to get my weekly snarky recaps in. If you haven't visited the site, do so as soon as you can. You won't regret it if you're a TV fan like me.

Anyway, so last night was a fun night, as far as TV is concerned. I got my new seasons of The Office, My Name Is Earl, and Grey's Anatomy underway. They were all superb! Got my laughs with the two sitcoms, then I got hit square in the head with some excellent drama courtesy of GA. The writing on all of those shows is amazing, and the acting is top-notch. So, it seems Thursday nights, I will be camped out in front of my TV.

I want to watch how the relationship between Meredith Grey and "Dr. McDreamy" (Derek Shepherd) unfolds. He had an "epiphany" in last night's episode that he chose wrong last year, when he chose to stay with his wife, Addison, and that he is in love with Meredith (and told her so). Meredith will have to choose between him and Finn, a stable, unmarried man who is obviously crazy about her. I mean, he actually said, "I've thrown my hat into the ring" or something like that. And I don't see Addison backing down either, although the previews show her going to the Chief of Surgery and crying on his shoulder...so maybe I'm wrong. I dunno! Yes, it is a bit soap opera-ish, but hey...I'm only human. :)

No comments: