Friday, September 15, 2006

The Salary Blues

Now, I'm not going to post what I make, nor the ranges of salary I just found out about...but suffice it to say, I'm at the low end of where I should be. I have over six years of experience, a college degree...and I'm only slightly above the starting salary of a "full" project manager. And, this is with leaving the company, getting a 5% boost (yeah, I should have held out for more), and only being offered the same salary I had left for. Suffice it to say, I have the salary blues today.

And, it's not going to get any better. With the prospect of my department being down to 3 people, when there should be 6 (and used to be 8!), I fear for my sanity. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. Last year, I snapped because I had 10 projects to manage, and they were all highly complex, high profile projects that did not go well at all. The same thing's about to happen again. I swore to my manager I wouldn't look for another job, but since she's not doing anything to stop people from leaving, nor does she seem to be doing anything about the so-called hiring freeze in our department, I wouldn't feel so bad about prospecting elsewhere again.

Tags: ,

No comments: