Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Path to Fitness

Well, today I visit my personal trainer for the first time. I'm both scared and excited -- scared because I know they're going to work my ass off...literally, I hope. And that's the part that also has me excited. I'm really looking forward to being fit again. I just hope that visiting this place 2x a week for 18 weeks will get me where I want to be, or close to where I want to be.

I'm going to have a talk with them about the diet, however. I honestly tried to eat raw vegetables for 2 of my snacks and one of my meals for a few days this past weekend...but I just can't stomach them. The thought of eating that many raw veggies made me sick to my stomach. And actually, I WAS sick to my stomach. I like most vegetables, just not raw. And I know they're going to tell me it's okay to eat them with just a touch of dressing, but that's added fat I can't tolerate with my gall bladder problems. I have to stick to low-fat snacks.

So, I'm going to propose that I cut out refined sugar, but incorporate some low-glycemic fruits into my diet. Basically, it's the Sugar-Busters diet I followed for a bit, which did allow me to lose some weight. It still allows me to have fruit and grains, just not refined sugar. It also allows low-fat dairy for when I can't even think of looking at meat, which happens to me frequently. Eating protein and "healthy" carbs in combination is fairly easy for me to do, and it does work. I'm more likely to stick to this diet than what they have proposed, which is a low-carb diet with NO dairy or any sugar of any kind. I'm sure I'll get told I won't see results as quickly, but that's okay.

Oh, and there's no news about my grandfather...I just hope he's comfortable, and that if this is his time, it comes sooner rather than later (as I've said before).

More later...I'm sure I'll have a nice entry tomorrow...that's if I can type!

No comments: