Friday, November 03, 2006

Kate-lite and Sawyer-lite: New Lostaways?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch Lost on its regular night, so I turned to my trusty Tivo unit to catch up. Little did I know that Mr. Eko would bite the big one, meet his maker, kick the bucket...or more to the point, "shaken and stirred" to death by the island's totally ominous and spooky black smoke monster. It's a shame, because I really liked him, and his back story seemed the most interesting out of all of them.

And I'm not thrilled with the introduction of what appear to be Sawyer and Kate wannabees, who seem pretty useless. I mean, they get to come along on the search for Eko/The Pearl Station? Sawyer-lite's contribution was to use the bathroom. Kate-lite's apparent skill is to notice the totally obvious...that they were surrounded by TV screens, and that those screens might show the other stations!! And Locke just now noticed them? He said he was feeling pretty stupid, but really. Why do we need more characters? We already have all of the Others to worry about.

I am intrigued by the blonde woman basically telling Jack to kill Ben during his spinal tumor surgery. It's clear she can't stand Ben...and I'm wondering if she wants to take his place. Will she be as evil and cruel? Whoever it is that plays Ben has my vote for the creepiest guy on TV, that's for sure.

Anyway, there are only two more episodes of Lost...then they go on some 13-week hiatus? What the hell is up with that? What happened to showing all of your new episodes consecutively? Oh, that's right...there aren't as many episodes of shows now, and they have to stretch them out over as long a time as possible. Sucks, if you ask me...and a lot of other people I know. Guess my Wednesday nights will suddenly be free, which isn't such a bad thing...but 13 weeks? Boooooo! That's right...booooooooo! Maybe I won't come back to it after the hiatus...that's how mad I am about it. We'll see.

1 comment:

Miss Lee said...

yeah, i kind of hate how lost is turning out now...kind of irritating. but i want to see how it ends. a 13-week break is just soooooooo long, i'd have to re-watch some episodes to make sense of it, i guess. ugh.

and yeah, that ben guy is creepy. i just saw him in a SAW movie (not sure if it's the first or second one). He creeps me out.