Friday, November 17, 2006

What a Week!

Yeah, I know I haven't posted in awhile. It's that time at my job, the time I call "hell" otherwise known as file release time. Both of my huge money-making titles aren't in good shape, and I've had to push back the date twice on one of them. In both cases, it's because the authors were slow to turn around page proofs at various points in time. One of the author teams is notoriously slow, and I've been told that their books never, ever release on time...so that does make me feel better. But the other team was great, up until revised pages came along.

It's soooo frustrating waiting for others to get their work to me. I mean, I am a control freak after all, being a project manager...so it's hard for me when people drag their feet. There have been times when I considered flying out to an authors place of work and showing up on his/her doorstep. Of course, that's never happened, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Anyway, I best get back to work. I have a ton of page proofs I have to get through today. Fun times!

No comments: