Thursday, August 02, 2007

28 Days

Last night, I watched a movie I hadn't seen in a long time, 28 Days (no, not the horror movie...that scarred me for life, I tell you). It stars Sandra Bullock as a carefree writer with a drug and alcohol problem that lands her in drug rehab. What did she do to end up in rehab? She came to her sister's wedding, got extremely drunk, destroyed the wedding cake, and took off in the limo to go get her sister a new cake. She plowed into a house. So, it was either jail or rehab...so rehab it was. Made me wonder if it was anything like what the stars of today put themselves into (although I doubt they made Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears clean the toilets). If you ask me, rehab needs to be longer than 30 days. Not sure if the statistic in the movie of only a 30% chance of success (i.e., no relapse) is correct. If it is, that's depressing. Of course, rehab is only the first step in a long process of changing one's life. But really, does a hot rock massage really belong in rehab?

No comments: