Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Where Did Summer Go?

It's August. You know what that means? Not too much longer until Labor Day. Oh noes! The end o summer! Time to put the white shoes away! No more boating! *sigh* Well, okay...I don't boat a lot, but I will miss being able to wear white shoes. It's too bad that that silly rule of fashion exists, because it's still hotter than hell outside. Why can't I wear white stuff? But who am I to question fashion...except when they decide to bring back "skinny" pants (a.k.a., pegged pants for those of us who were children of the 80s) and high-waisted pants. Noooooo! I love my just-below-the-waist jeans with a little flare at the end of each leg. Put me in a pair of skinny jeans, and I feel like a freakin' stuffed sausage. Anyway...can't believe summer's coming to an end yet again. Soon the days will be shorter, and we'll all be going to work before the sun is up, and leaving work after it's dark. *sigh* Better try to enjoy what's left before it's too late, right? Ah, but I do have one thing to look forward to...moving back to Cincinnati. Yeah! Just wish I'd planned that a little better. Guess I could always do another 9 month lease and move back in the spring...

No comments: