Friday, March 09, 2007

Big, Puppy Dog Eyes Always Get Me

You know those dog commercials that have been running lately, the ones that show cute little fluffy mutts, with big, brown puppy dog eyes in pounds, with voiceovers saying, "I know I can fetch, I know I can rollover and play, but I don't know why I'm in here." Seriously, whoever came up with that ad campaign knows there are folks like me who are total saps, and have to resist the temptation to run to the nearest shelter and get ourselves a dog.

I mean, I'd love a dog...but I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with two older cats. Not only is it already too crowded, but I don't think that'd go over very well with the kitties (you can see them in the photo posted at the top of this blog). That, and I don't have any room for dog supplies. You know, the dog food, the leash, the bath stuff, etc. all take up a lot of room that I don't have. Nor can I afford the costs of a dog. *sigh* So, whenever that commercial comes on, I mute the TV, change the channel, whatever...because really, I am going to have to start chaining myself to something to keep me away from shelters, lest I get a dog that I just can't have right now. Bummer.

No comments: