Thursday, March 08, 2007

RockStartUp - Trade Show Boogie!


Have to say, episode 2 of RockStartUp ("Trade Show Boogie") was probably my favorite episode of this reality tv show. Why? First, as a non-morning person myself, it was funny to hear Ted say, "only farmers and children should be up this early" as he got up before 6 AM (I think). Hee! Then it was great to see Ted and Brit hand out stuff to the Today Show crowd that gathers outside the studios each day. As someone who watches the show every morning as I get ready for work, I enjoyed watching how people reacted to getting free stuff, even if they didn't know what it was (everyone loves free stuff!). The PayPerPost signs with what I call cartoon bubbles, where people could write in whatever they wanted, was a genius idea.

Then, they ventured off to the Ad:Tech conference to mix and mingle with ad execs and reps. At first, it seemed to be underwhelming for Ted, as he said it didn't seem like 10,000 people were there. But as the day wore on, they started running out of their business cards! Ted and Brit were both amazed (and pleased!) that they were getting more attention than originally planned. And, of course, as someone who blogs for PayPerPost.com...I was very pleased as well. :)

But perhaps the most fun for me was watching the "Relax" game being played by Ted and Brit. Apparently, you wear this band around your head that reads alpha waves, and compete to see who can be the most relaxed, as evidenced by a ball that moves away from you the more you relax. Ted just couldn't relax...his alpha waves spiked, and the ball ended up at his end. Better luck next time, Ted!

Anyway, I think this a great idea for the folks at PayPerPost.com to show what goes on behind the scenes, and how hard they're working to get their company noticed. I think that they're showing everything they need to show, at least from my perspective (but I'm easy to please). I say kudos to whoever came up with this idea. Keep up the great work!

No comments: