Monday, October 15, 2007

Hand-Me-Downs

You know, I never bother to buy stuff like a new set of glasses or a new cookware set. Why? Because my father eventually gets bored with his stuff, and then I get it...and it's nice stuff because cooking is his favorite thing to do in the whole wide world. My cousin and his fiancee (more than likely, his fiancee and not him) had a set of cookware on their registry, but there's no way on earth I could afford to get that for them. They'll have to settle for a tablecloth instead, heh. I know it's not the most exciting gift in the world, but I hate going off-registry because this is usually stuff people genuinely want. And everything else on there would have cost me a fortune. I mean...they asked for bed pillows from Ralph Lauren that cost $120 each. What the hell?? I can't imagine spending that much on something I sleep on every night, and have to discard after they've worn out. Oh well, it's not my wedding, so who am I to pass judgment? Perhaps I'm bitter that now I'm in the minority of unmarried cousins? I dunno. But if/when I get married, I for sure will not be adding $120 bed pillows to my list. :)

No comments: