Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Night Sky

Visiting Montana was amazing. It's so dark there, that you can see more stars in the night sky than I have ever seen I think, because there are almost no city lights to light up the sky like there are where I live. I mean, there are some...but nothing like here. And I thought that living in a smaller city allowed me to see more stars than down in Cincinnati. While that is true...I had no idea just how much the city lights of Dayton light up the sky. I definitely have to go back to Montana and have my cousin take me out fly fishing (I'll watch, not fish...not something you can just pick up in one day), hiking, etc. He's a real outdoor afficianado, so I'll be in good hands. It's almost like a different country there, with all the mountains and isolation. I think I need that. I can't wait. :)

No comments: