Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Think the Real Estate Bubble Has Burst

With the real estate market in a tailspin, I wonder if those who own a real estate franchise are starting to get nervous, especially the smaller ones. I think I'd be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, knowing me. And, I see all of these houses up for sale for months, rather than weeks, even in "hot" areas of town. That has to suck for the people who want or need to sell and can't because the subprime lenders are all going under. Why people got ARMs, I'll never understand. I mean, if you know you're only going to be in a house for 5 years, fine. But with record low mortgage rates...um, they're probably only going to go up! Even I, who is an idiot when it comes to finances, knows this and would NEVER get an ARM. Anyway, it's a huge mess, and I hope it works itself out so that I can buy a house in the future and not have to worry about getting taken for a ride from some lender.

No comments: