Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hey, That's My Backpack!

Before we had more strict rules about what could be carried on a plane, I used to carry a Swiss Army knife with me wherever I went. That thing really came in handy, more than I thought it would. But now I'm sure it would be confiscated, and I'd rather not have something that cost $100 become property of the TSA.

Speaking of the TSA, I had to go through a search of my backpack and my laptop leaving from the Helena airport. Same thing happened to me in Duluth a few years ago. They did that to just about everyone, especially the laptop test (turned it on without shutting it down properly...nice!). It just cracks me up that the smaller airports (this one has a grand total of three gates...yes, three) feel like they have to prove themselves, so they search everyone they possibly can. I guess they have the time, since there aren't thousands of people going through the security checkpoint at any given time, like say in LAX or O'Hare. But still, it was rather annoying.

No comments: