Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SUVs - Bane of My Existence

I live in a part of the country where SUVs and pickup trucks (some even with a truck bed liner) almost outnumber the sedan. It's rather annoying, to be honest. I mean, I live in a suburban area. Why do people need such large vehicles? Is it to feel safer? Is it a status symbol? I guess it's probably both, with other factors thrown in that I'm not aware of. If you have a boat or something, I can see the need for towing. But do you really need that Hummer? Nope, that's just a gas-guzzling behemoth that people own because they want the coolness factor that comes along with it (I have yet to see one towing anything). Although I don't see it as cool...quite the opposite, I judge that person to be a jackass, but that's just me.

Anyway, I drive a smallish car, so I really have issues with SUVs and pickups in general, because...I CAN'T SEE OVER OR AROUND THEM! Being at a traffic light behind one is annoying, and when I park between two of them, I can't tell if anyone's coming until I've practically backed all the way out of the space. Then I get honked at, which also annoys me. Not like I'm speeding out of my space in reverse, folks, I just can't see! *sigh*

So to anyone who owns a Hummer or other insanely huge SUV when you don't need it, please consider stepping down to a Forester or RAV4 or something. You'll do the world a favor.

No comments: