Friday, October 13, 2006

Fafarazzi!

What, you haven't heard of Fafarazzi? Maybe that's because unlike me, you could care less if Madonna adopts a baby from Malawi, or Tara Reid's boobs fall out of her dress for all of the world to see. It's a fantasy celebrity league, much like fantasy football or baseball leagues, and I'm a new member, thanks to a fabulous Production Diva I work with. Our team is called, aptly enough, G.L.O.P. (Glorious Ladies of Production). You get points for each one of your celebrities doing something to earn them an honorable mention in the media, such as what I mentioned above.

There are 6 of us, and a lot of us were new at the time of the draft, including me. I was under the impression that the 6 of would share a team of celebrities, but that was not the case. We each had our own pool of celebrities who'd go through a "draft" just like in sports. So when the draft came up, I did nothing. Granted, I got lucky and got Anna Nicole Smith and Kevin Federline on my team, but the rest of them were duds as far as I was concerned. So, I've been trying to improve my team, drop Patrick Dempsey, add Christina Aguilera...although I added Patrick Dempsey back in, just because of all the hoopla surrounding a supposed fist fight on the set of Grey's Anatomy (apparently he and Isiah Washington got into a tiff...whether or not it involved fists, we don't know). So far, it's gotten me nothing. But, it was worth a shot!

Anyway, I am now in third place, having been in 4th place for quite some time. The loser has to buy Halloween candy for the rest of the folks in the league, so even if I had lost, it would have been not that bad. However, now that I know the rules of the game...watch out! I am planning on winning the next round, muhahahahaaaaaaa! (Okay, maybe I need to get a life?)

No comments: