Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Civil Duty

Ah, jury duty. It's something that everyone dreads getting the call for. I was called about 2 years ago to serve on a federal jury, and I ended up being selected for it. Was an interesting experience, that's for sure. Now I got called for county jury duty, and this time I might escape having to sit in the jury box. While the experience itself doesn't bother me, the timing of it all does. That, and I live 2 counties away from where I work...so when I'm not chosen, I have to drive 1.5 hours back to work. Fun! Luckily, there's only one more day of this, and then I'm free! A small part of me wants to be chosen to sit on a jury tomorrow, because then I will more than likely miss the day-long meeting I'm supposed to be in on Thursday. Nothing would please me more, hee hee. :)

No comments: