Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Daily Show in Ohio!!!

Yes, The Daily Show is here in the lovely state of Ohio, gracing the campus of The Ohio State University in Columbus for Indecision 2006, or as they're calling this week, the "Midwest Midterm Midtacular." Hee! Why are they here, you may ask? Well, in case you haven't heard, Ohio is the battleground state. Apparently, no president has been in office without Ohio's vote, so according to Jon Stewart, we are either the deciding state (are we *gasp* "The Decider(s)?")...or we're...from the future! Too funny.

Anyway, it should make what is normally one of the most snarky, satirical, and sarcastic shows on TV even funnier to those of us who live here in Ohio. I mean, they've already pinned us as high school football freaks who think Applebee's is the place to be (just for the record, Applebee's is not that great IMHO). Oh, and to see the montages of the political ads...excellent! Democrats, "It's Time for a Change" and Republicans, "They Love Terrorists and Will Raise Your Taxes." Both are so true...it's insane how many ads are on right now. I think I'll just watch TDS to get a synopsis of them this week, rather than subjecting myself to the torture that is the onslaught of political commercials...which I think would eventually make my ears bleed!

Sooooo...thank God for Tivo! Thanks to it, I can record my beloved TDS whenever I want. That, or watch clips on the Motherload (seems they're trying to put each episode in its entirety, divided into parts). In either case, I can't wait to watch Jon Stewart and his "reporters" work their magic. I will definitely stay tuned!

No comments: