Friday, October 20, 2006

Is there gas price fixing going on?

The mid-term elections are just around the corner, and as we all know, oil execs love the Republicans probably more than they do their own families. There's a new Gallup poll which shows that Americans are suspicious that the elections have something to do with the sharp drop in oil prices, to the tune of 42%. But as this fellow blogger points out, nearly two-thirds of those polled are registered Democrats.

More than likely, it's the market forces that are driving the prices down as they have every year around this time; that, and all of the horrible and terrible things predicted to happen did not: bad hurricane season, conflict with Iran, and OPEC rcutting their supplies to raise prices (which I just heard they're going to do), to name a few. But really, who can blame people for thinking this? With all of the crap that this administration and its GOP lapdogs have pulled, it's no wonder we think they can control the price of gas.

What do I think? It's tempting to think that Bush and his cronies have something to do with it, but in all honesty...I don't think it's the case. However, that will not stop me from being just a little bit excited when filling my tank costs less than $20, like it did a few weeks ago. I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts, because I know that it won't last long.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I dunno. If the price holds after the November elections...I might believe it. My thoughts are that they will go through the roof by the end of the year.