Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ohio Election 2006: Get Ready for More Shenanigans

I couldn't wait to post this until tomorrow, so I'm taking my lunch break to post this NOW. Apparently, Ken Blackwell is at it again in Ohio. This time, he's purged voter rolls. On October 1st, letters went out to places like apartments, universities, etc. with high turnover, stating that if you did not respond or take action, you'd be removed from the voter rolls. So, thousands of people could show up to their assigned polling place, only to be told they weren't registered, thereby forcing them to use provisional ballots...which aren't counted accurately (if at all, if you ask me).

There are some people trying to take legal action, but it's not looking good. An injunction from a federal court judge would be needed to reinstate all of the voters who have been purged from the system. We are running out of time! And I swear, if I get told I'm not registered to vote at my location, Blackwell will be getting some serious complaints from me. If there are going to be any protests, sign me up, because he has taken away one of our most sacred rights as citizens of the United States, the right to vote and have it be counted fairly.

No comments: