Friday, February 23, 2007

A Cincinnati Tradition

Here we are in Lent again. Did I give up anything? Nope. The last time I successfully gave anything up was about 7 years ago. I was at the same weight I am now, and I gave up carbs. Yes, I went on a low-carb diet, and I lost 20 pounds. Was it worth it? Totally. Would I do a low-carb diet again? No way. Love my bread and pasta way too much.

Anyway, soon, it will be time for the devoted Catholics of Cincinnati to get out their rosaries and climb the steps up to the Holy Cross Immaculata Church. On what day does this happen? Good Friday, of course. It's a steep climb, and on each step you're supposed to stop and say a "hail Mary". I myself am not Catholic (a large majority of the population is, thanks to Cincinnati being settled by mostly German Catholics), but it's an interesting sight to behold.

No comments: