Thursday, February 22, 2007

File this under "Oops!"

Some residents of a small Texas town got a late notice from their electric company, saying they owed 24 billion dollars. And here I was whining about my $100 electric bill. Think I might have actually had a stroke or a heart attack if I had been one of the recipients...

Even better...a New Zealand arborist who got stuck in a tree was slammed into another tree by his rescue team. Methinks they need remedial rescue training? Ow.

And, what "oops" news item would I be remiss in leaving out? Oh yes, the whole Britney Spears ordeal. People, just leave her alone. Maybe then she might be able to finish a stint in rehab? At least that is what I'd like to think. She needs a lot of help. But all the help in the world won't save her from herself. I'd hate to see her succumb to the same fate as Anna Nicole Smith.

Fame. It's a bitch, if you don't know how to handle it.

No comments: