Friday, February 23, 2007

Feeling Homesick

Before I moved up to Dayton, the landlord of my 2-family in Cincinnati was getting bids on painting the exterior of the house. I was so excited, because it was a wood shingle house that was in bad, bad need of a paint job (it was a dark, rusty brown color that had seen better days). I thought the next tenant would be lucky enough to live in a house that was not only spiffy on the inside, but also the outside.

So, imagine my surprise when I drove past it for a visit the other day, only to see that he'd never had it painted. Wonder what happened? Perhaps it was too expensive? Maybe I know nothing about the price to paint a house, but I can't imagine it was *that* expensive. Granted, the wood shingles would be challenging...but still. If the gas heat weren't so pricey in the winter, I'd love to move back into that place. The location was great, the landlord was wonderful, and the apartment was cute as a button. For all I know, he's sold the place as it tripled in value just in the time I lived in it. Who knows? But I will definitely look around that area of town again when I move back. I miss it, actually. Guess I am homesick, now that I'm no longer with A.

No comments: