Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hi, my name is Elizabeth Fonda, and I am a SecondLife Addict

And yes, that is my SL's avatar name, not my real name. Last month, I posted that I still wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Well, I take that back. I love it! Seriously, it allows my alter ego to come out of hiding. And it seems my alter ego is a bit of a shopaholic, big-time flirt, and social butterfly, all of which I am not in real life. That is quite fascinating to me, because Elizabeth is a part of me. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds for me.

The next task I've set up for myself is to find a job in SL. I'm thinking of taking some digital art classes so that I can create digital "wares" in SL and sell it (writing jobs in SL are few and far between, really...otherwise, I'd be all over that). I have some RL photos I can upload into SL, and I've figured out how to create basic prims (the building blocks for anything you see in SL). So I guess I need to spend some time working on that whole process, as it does look tedious. It's frustrating, because as with everything...I want it to happen quickly. But if there's one thing I've learned, it's that SL is anything but easy to learn.

But what I am enjoying the most is meeting people from all over the world, in different time zones, with all sorts of different experiences to share. So my experience should make for some great blog entries. Stay tuned for more!


No comments: