Friday, February 23, 2007

Dear Britney...

I am not sure what is going through your mind right now, Britney Spears, but I am glad you are finally getting help, perhaps in an alcohol detox center, or just plain old rehab. And, it seems you've stayed for more than 24 hours. That's great! I've never really been a fan, but as someone who grew up with a parent who was an alcoholic and went through alcohol detoxification successfully, I understand the pain you're causing yourself and your family. I hate to see anyone go through what you seem to be going through.

For what it's worth, I wish the paparazzi would leave you alone, as I can't imagine going through something as personal as rehab with cameras following your every move. Please, for the sake of your two children and your family, stay in the alcohol rehab program (or wherever it is you are). Don't let yourself be fame's bitch, as I like to say. You can control your own fate. It's up to you to stop your downward spiral. You were once highly successful and seemed to be in control. That person still exists somewhere in your psyche. Dig down deep and find her again. You will be so glad you did. Trust me.

No comments: