Friday, February 23, 2007

My Father and His Antiques

Oy. My dad is an antique collector, silver mainly. He just went on an eBay shopping spree and got some lovely items to add to his collection. We have so many heirlooms, it's unreal. There's this miniature grandfather clock that I have always admired, and it did belong to his grandfather. It's from the 19th century, and it runs like a charm. It's also very elegant in its appearance, not gaudy or outlandish. It has to be wound every Sunday, like clockwork (pun intended), and it chimes every hour and half hour. It's one of the few things that I would actually fight my brother over (okay, not really...but I would pout a little), as it does have sentimental value. And for anyone who cares, it's a Seth Thomas clock. So, I guess I do share some of his love for antiques. :)

No comments: