Monday, December 18, 2006

My Personal Training Adventures

*Disclaimer: This is a paid advertisement for PayPerPost.com*

Okay, so this will be my fourth consecutive week of going to my personal training sessions twice a week. Yay for me! Every time I go, my trainer has a different fitness plan for me, so I never know what to expect. I do know it will include at least some weight training, and a lot of interval training. Lately, his favorite thing to do is attach a 50 pound weight to my waist, and then I drag it the length of the building...twice, forward, backward. It's a lot harder than it looks! He also likes to have me run around the building twice, which is a challenge for me because I absolutely despise jogging or running. Despite all of my grumbling, I have managed to get through every session and not feel too much pain the next day (notice I didn't say "no pain" heh).

Unfortunately, my diet has gone completely out the window because of the holidays (so many vendors send us cookies and candy, it's unreal!), so I haven't lost any weight. But, I have noticed some muscle definition in my legs and arms, which is nice. Given that more muscle increases metabolism, I'm hoping that with the sessions I have left, and the holidays behind me, that my twice per week "torture" sessions (okay, okay, personal training sessions) might actually help me loose the weight I've been dying to get rid of for the past few months.

No comments: