Tuesday, December 12, 2006

'Tis the Season to Be Jolly?

Yes, it's almost Christmas. Have you finished your shopping yet? Because I haven't. And I'm dreading going out and buying gifts. Now, I only have 3 people to buy for -- my brother, my boyfriend, and his sister. My dad banned Christmas presents a long time ago, much to my dismay. He says it got way out of hand for a few years running, and his Christmas shopping days are over. Whatever.

I've tried several different ways of getting around his ban, mainly setting a limit, or only buying for one family member. But nooOOOooo! He still insists on no gifts. Well, if I didn't have a boyfriend or a sister-in-law (for lack of a better term), I would get jack for Christmas. That, and I do enjoy giving gifts, a lot actually. My brother and I have tried getting him silly stuff, and he just gets upset with us. So yes, I would consider him to be a Scrooge about gifts and whatnot. It's not that he doesn't like Christmas. He loves it, actually.

Now, I can see his point...to a point. But still, it kind of takes the fun out of Christmas for me when I can't even get my own father something, when he has given me so much over the years. Maybe someday we'll wear him down...

No comments: