Thursday, January 11, 2007

Doing My Part for the Environment

*Disclaimer: This is a paid review of GasSavers.org.*

I just saw An Inconvenient Truth the other night, and I have to say, I was saddened to learn that the U.S. has dismal fuel economy goals, compared with the rest of the world. I mean, China has better goals than we do? It's appalling. I'm hoping that as more people watch that movie, that they will want to stop driving gas guzzling SUVs (I swear, my blood pressure goes up when I see someone driving a Hummer), and start driving cars with better gas mileage. It's sites like GasSavers.org that are really helpful, if you're looking for information on fuel-efficient cars, tips on improving gas mileage, etc.

My next car will either be a diesel or a hybrid, as my boyfriend's car is a VW Golf diesel...with approximately 50 mpg average. If diesel weren't so expensive in comparison to gas, I'd be way more jealous than I am now (and trust me, I'm jealous). I'm also big on reducing oil dependence, so I'm thinking I'll probably go for a hybrid. But, we'll see. Anything's better than the average mpg my Hyundai Elantra gets in the winter. Right now, I'm only averaging 29 mpg, and that's driving just barely over the 65 mph speed limit on highways. With my 60 mile round trip to work everyday, I fill up about once a week. I'd love to fill up twice a month! Maybe that will be possible, when I'm finished paying off this car and get a new one in 2008!

No comments: