Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Old Man Winter Is Finally Here

After having weeks of temperatures in the 50s and 60s (okay, sometimes in the 40s), we finally saw snow and had temps drop into the teens last night. Brrrrr! The difference is amazing, really. I was getting used to wearing light jackets, but I actually had to get out my real winter coat so I didn't freeze this morning as I scraped off the frost on my car. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I can deal with sunny and cold this time of year. I'll take that over the warm, rainy weather we've been having (my allergies were kicking into gear!). Besides, it's never, ever been warm on my birthday, not even in Florida on the day I was born! So, it's good to know that some traditions still hold true. Just so long as we never, ever repeat the one birthday where it was -24 degrees Fahrenheit with a foot of snow on the ground, I'll take the cold. :)

No comments: