Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Wonders of d-Mannose

*Disclaimer: This is a paid review of Justbuyonline.co.uk's d-Mannose product.*

As someone who has suffered from frequent cystitis (or UTIs), I have always looked for alternatives to the antibiotics that are prescribed for me. The yeast infections I always get with antibiotics is not something I enjoy, to make an understatement. I've tried cranberry extract and other herbal remedies, but they didn't really do the trick. I would always have to go see my doctor to get those antibiotics I love so much.

But then a few years ago, I found this product called d-mannose, which is the sugar found in cranberries that make them a somewhat effective UTI treatment (in most cases, not all). What this sugar does is help prevent bacteria from sticking to the wall of the urethra. However, natural d-mannose is the super-duper concentrated version of that sugar. It not only prevents bacteria from sticking to the lining of the urethra, but it also loosens it so that it can be washed away. I believe it, as I've used natural d-mannose when I've felt a UTI coming on, and had the symptoms disappear that same day or shortly thereafter. Saves me a trip to the doctor as well as the cost of any prescriptions I might have to get. And, I don't have to deal with the side-effects of antibiotics! It truly is a great product that I wish more people knew about.

No comments: