Thursday, January 04, 2007

Weirdest Winter, Ever

You know, seeing that ice storm out in the central plains, stranding everyone in their homes makes me think that it might be good to keep some emergency supplies on hand. Not that I think I'll need them this year (it's going to be in the 50s--again--today), but as our winters in Ohio seem to go in cycles, it might be a good idea. I live in a place that does get snow...and has the equipment to deal with it, but doesn't do a really good job of clearing the roads. One year we got about a foot of snow on Christmas, and it trapped me in my house because I couldn't get my car out. Heaven help us if we ever get anything like they got in Colorado, where the ice was 3 inches thick in some places.

It's just so weird how they got blasted with that, and all we got was rain and warm weather (well, warm for this time of year anyway). Actually, the "warm" weather is causing my allergies to kick in full-time. Allergies in January is really freaky, let me tell you. And, if it's like it is today on my birthday (the 19th), I will definitely be a little freaked out.

No comments: